CONTRACT COSTA COUNTY ESTATE PLANNING LAWYERS
Walnut Creek Estate Lawyers
Estate planning is composed of two parts: what happens to your assets when you die and what happens if you are incapacitated. Both parts are important to protect you and the people you care about.
What Happens When You Die
Most people think of estate planning as a way to establish who receives what when you die. However, your estate plan can do much more.
Our lawyers draft:
- Simple trusts and wills to efficiently transfer your property to the people you want to receive it. Your documents can also provide in detail when and how you want beneficiaries to receive your assets.
- Irrevocable trusts for asset protection and minimization of taxes
- Guardianship designations to determine who will care for your minor children if you should die prematurely. You can specify requirements for how your children are raised.
What Happens When You Are Incapacitated
Your California estate plan can also contain legal documents to designate a trusted person to act for you if you are incapacitated and unable to make decisions for yourself.
Our lawyers draft:
- Powers of attorney to name a trusted person to make personal care and financial decisions for you if you are incapacitated. You can specify what decisions they can make on your behalf and when their power will begin.
- Health care directives to name a trusted person to make medical decisions for you, including end-of-life care decisions, based on your instructions. You can identify who should serve as conservator, permit or prohibit organ donation upon your death, and direct disposition of your remains.
Learn more about powers of attorney and health care directives.
For More Information
At Andersson & Andersson, our Contra Costa County estate planning attorneys can evaluate your estate, clarify your goals, and then develop a plan that minimizes the potential for future disputes. For more information or to set up an appointment with our estate planning lawyers, call 925-935-1050 or fill out the contact form on this website.
1600 South Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
Map and Directions